No, it's not the intro to a bad sci-fi flick. Just the start of our journey into the life of our first child, Caleigh.
It was February 2nd, 2006. I remember the date exactly because it was two days before my 21st birthday. We were living in base housing in a small military town, and we were hanging out with our roommates enjoying a few drinks, watching tv in the living room, relaxing a little before bed. I had been taking tests for the last couple of weeks, SWEARING I was pregnant. Well, let's just say I would soon regret my drink choice for the evening.
We were well on our way to heading to bed when I decided, in my giggly state, to take the last of the pregnancy tests we had lying around. The girls egged me on and into the bathroom I went. Not even a minute later I emerged with the biggest smile on my face... it was positive. I will never forget that day, and our lives have been forever changed ever since.
posting this for wegohealth
-
no one still thinks i blog here, right? you all know to find me at
dreamwidth on my other rarely-updated* public blog, right?*this will
change. someday. i ...
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment